We are committed to treating data privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with your Personal Data.
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours” refer to NYKAA-KK Beauty and its brand Kay Beauty. Wherever we have said ‘you’ or ‘your’, this means YOU.
WHO WE ARE
This Website is operated by Nykaa-KK Beauty Private Limited, having its principal place of business at India.
NYKAA-KK Beauty Pvt. Ltd. is a company incorporated and registered under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at 104, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013. Nykaa-KK Beauty is engaged in the business of selling, marketing, and retailing beauty and cosmetic products (“Business”) through the e-commerce website
ROLES WE PLAY
We play the role of a Data Controller when we collect and process Personal Data about you.
We play the role of a Data Processor when we collect and process Personal Data on behalf of another Data Controller
We commit to protecting your privacy and hence our Personal Data handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure compliance with the applicable Privacy laws and regulations
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY KAY BEAUTY
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to communicate with you, share our newsletter with you, convey any promotional offers or updates associated with Kay Beauty.
Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you provide while using the Website, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use the Website. We use the information that you provide for the purposes of responding to your requests and communicating with you.
Information We Collect About You:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Services. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Categories of Personal Data collected and processed by us are as follows;
- Contact details such as Name and email address. We shall use your email to keep you updated about the Kay Beauty brand.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data
- Location details such as IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet
- Communications details such as the Metadata and other Personal Data we get from communications done through e-mails
- Usage data details such as data about how you use our website or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
LAWFUL BASES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are permitted to process your Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you
- The processing is necessary to be in compliance with our Legal Obligations
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest (“Legitimate Interest”) pursued by us, such as
- to promotional offers and updates to you,
- to evaluate, develop or improve our products and services
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you and, upon your agreement, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKERS USED BY OUR DIGITAL PROPERTIES
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. These are used to make Websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Below are the categories of cookies used on our website along with a description of what they are used for
These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure and to obey regulations that apply to us. They also help us keep your details safe and private.
These cookies are used for remembering things like:
- Your region or country
- Your preferred language
- Accessibility options like large font or high contrast pages
These cookies tell us how you and our other customers use our website. We combine all this data together and study it. This helps us to:
- Improve the performance of our Website
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please note disabling the ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies may cause certain parts of our website to remain inaccessible to you.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE
We have appropriate contracts in place with our third-party partners. This means that they cannot do anything with your Personal Data which is outside of the scope permitted by us. They hold it securely and retain it only for the period specified in our contracts with them.
We might also disclose your Personal Data to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or to protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services.
Reasons for disclosing your Personal Data to other parties:
We may disclose your Personal Data to others where it is lawful to do so including where we or they:
- have a legal obligation to do so, e.g. to assist with detecting and preventing fraud,
- have requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
- have a legitimate business reason for doing so
- want to send you information and promotional material regarding our products and services,
- have asked you for your consent to share it, and you’ve agreed
- Improve your online experience for using our product.
To whom your Personal Data may be disclosed:
We may disclose your Personal Data for the above purposes to other parties including:
- Other group companies and any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers)
- Law Enforcement Authorities, Government Authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, our regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
- Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities (including the government) investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the Personal Data as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators and arbitration tribunals
- Overseas regulators
- Anybody else that we’ve been instructed to share your Personal Data with by you
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission, and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts, take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data in line with our policies.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF DATA
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website is directed to be used by adults only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our site, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit Personal Data to us. We or our associates /affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
We understand that when you interact with Kay Beauty, you have rights over your Personal Data. These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your personal data, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by means of firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy under applicable laws and regulations, you could reach us at:
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
IN ACCORDANCE WITH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT 2000 AND RULES MADE THERE UNDER, THE NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE GRIEVANCE OFFICER ARE PROVIDED BELOW
GRIEVANCE/ NODAL OFFICER – CUSTOMER SERVICES
Name : Saurabh Mehr
Email : grievanceofficer@kaybeauty.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES